The City aims to become increasingly online. To that end, they constantly keep improving their BrnoID platform – the city’s e-shop which allows handling services (fees, fines, tickets) from the comforts of your home. Without trying to speak Czech or waiting in queues.
The platform’s completely in English and free of charge to use.
There are two types of online BrnoID: basic and full. For your basic ID, you just need to register with your e-mail. You can then:
- pay your waste collection fee,
- buy transferable tickets for Brno public transport, or even some the non-transferable ones for a short period of time,
- pay a fine if caught using public transport without a ticket,
- purchase the Brnopas tourist card,
- purchase zoo tickets,
- or tickets to some sports facilities (i.e. swimming pools in Kraví hora, Riviéra, Zábrdovice; or the ice rink Moravák).
For a full online ID, you need to get your personal data verified by uploading a scan of your identity card or visiting one of the verification places in person. Once verified, you can also
- manage resident parking and obtain parking permits (which are necessary to park in areas falling under the residential parking system)
- you’ll also be able to buy your long-term ‘šalinkarta‘.
- create a library account and manage it remotely.
In other words, if you haven’t created your online Brno ID just yet, give it a try! You’ll avoid queues and clumsy conversations in Czech, saving yourself some time and preserving your nerves.
Start at brnoid.cz
Photo courtesy of the City of Brno.