General info

Watch a video tutorial “Tax domicile for dummies”:

Residency for tax purposes determines the taxpayer’s jurisdiction to the country where they are to pay taxes for all worldwide income and take advantage of tax allowances and reliefs.

Generally, you are supposed to pay taxes in the country where you live and work. So, if you live in the CR and rent an apartment here, you are a tax resident in the CR and you are obliged to pay all taxes here. Simply, it is a fact which is based on your life situation rather than an option you could choose.

To determine your tax residency for the relevant period of time, follow the graph below.


If there is no easy answer, your situation has to be discussed with a tax advisor or a Financial office.

Recommended tax advisors

Bell Consulting

BELL Consulting provides comprehensive financial and tax services for any business. Their services include: bookkeeping, payroll, personnel administration, legal services and tax advice.

  • Dřevařská 12
  • +420 541 212 509
  • Website


Q&As, contact details, opening hours and more:
Got it