In 2015, it is possible to enter a registered partnership and the government will soon debate a draft law allowing adoptions of homosexual partners.
There are other signs of growing acceptance. The Czech Republic was the first post-communist country to grant legal recognition to same-sex couples in 2006. It has also been declared one of the countries with citizens most tolerant of homosexuality.
Especially in Prague and Brno, it is possible to notice the LBGT community more and more. There are gay-friendly discos and clubs, several gay- and lesbian-themed magazines and newspapers, as well as gay prides and other festivals.
In a new infosheet we have put together a brief history, laws and regulations, opportunities for clubbing and meeting, as well as other useful information on the LBGT scene in the Czech Republic.
Everybody has the right to love.
Do you like this article? Let your friends know about it.
Recent posts from this category:
- News in the Immigration Law
- Introducing a new infosheet: Employee card
- How to get an Appostile in Brno
- Introducing a new infosheet: Business startup scene
- Dealing with the CzechPoint service
- On literature and book clubs in Brno
- Insights and adventures of expat bloggers