As every year, the BEC team would like to invite you to an informal, cosy evening get-together in the Christmas mood.
This year, BEC would like to invite you for a brief exploratory journey back in time. We took inspiration from the design of this year’s Christmas party venue, Café Flexaret, and thus we’d like to illustrate what Czech (and Slovak) Christmases looked like in the not-so-distant past. For most of us who remember it as children, they were happy times spent in a large family circle with toys and sweets. (Only the adults knew the downsides of hunting for presents that were hard to find or standing in a long line for oranges, bananas or tangerines for St. Nicolas day, the only time of year they could be found in the shops.)
But – in this Christmas season, let’s just recall the good side of things!
You can look forward to:
- traditional Czech Christmas sweets and drinks
- light refreshments
- if you want you can also bring some samples of your national Christmas sweets to share
- a photo corner with quirky Czech retro accessories for some crazy pics!
- kids’ corner with themed activities
- a chance to chat with members of the BEC team
- your Christmas wishes: you can write a message about your experience with BEC and what events you’d like us to organize next year (topics for seminars, guided tours, speakers, etc.)
- your friends and family are welcome!
All in all, it will be a time of good cheer, an opportunity to meet and chat with the BEC team without the pressure of some specialised formal topic.
We are looking forward to see you on Thursday, 13 December from 6 p.m. at Café Flexaret (Kopečná 21).
The Brno Expat Centre is more than just a public office. We’re here for you and we’d like to meet you!
See you there and have a lovely Christmas.
Date(s) - 13/12/2018
18:00 - 21:00
Bookings are closed for this event.
Do you like this event? Let your friends know about it.