June 3rd 2011, 10.30 am -12.00 noon, at the Faculty of Business and Management, Brno University of Technology, Kolejní 4
We are hosting a panel discussion arranged within the framework of the international conference Diversity as a Challenge, organised by Faculty of Business and Management, Brno University of Technology. The moderated panel will include managers of international companies experienced in setting up and managing international teams in the city of Brno.
The moderated panel discussion in English will start after the opening session of the conference at 10.30 am and will be followed by an informal lunch (12.00 noon), where you will have an opportunity to network with other conference attendees, the Faculty Dean, Dr. Anna Putnová, representatives of international companies and of the City of Brno and get to know more about what BEC offers to expats in Brno.
Some of the issues to be addressed by the panel:
- What are the main barriers a manager faces when setting up an international team in Brno?
- What special ingredients does an international team need for a good performance?
- What does your international company do to keep expats happy in Brno?
- What do your employees appreciate and what do they find lacking in Brno?
- What steps could the city of Brno take to meet the needs of expats better?
- What might expats do in order to play a more active role in Brno?
Discussion panel members
- Roman Tesař (GTS Brno Lufthansa, CEO)
- Frank van Bommel (Dixons Retail SSC, Training and Development Manager)
- Jeff Broadhurst (Apprise Software, President)
- Iris Finger (PPG Industries, Site Manager)
- Don Sparling (Brno Expat Centre manager, Brnopolis co-founder)
- Vlastimil Veselý (Brnopolis chairman, BEC consultant) – moderator
Admission is free of charge for those registered in advance. Send us an e-mail with the subject “BEC panel” and give your name, organisation represented and position. Making a comment under this text is not sufficient. The conference organisers found a larger room for our discussion panel, thus we keep the registration open!
We thank to the BEC partners – Faculty of Business and Management, Brno University of Technology, City of Brno and GTS Brno Lufthansa Group.