All foreign citizens who stay in Brno for longer than 3 months have the responsibility to register for and pay the waste collection fee. It needs to be paid by May 31 (if you arrive before May 31) or within 15 days after the commencement date (if you arrive after May 31). The municipality has announced the regulation in several languages, including English here.
How to pay
1) New residents register through the online form to the Environmental Department (in Czech). As for the final line of the form – Datum vzniku poplatkové povinnosti (commencement date) – fill in the date when you moved in your place in Brno. If you don’t have rodné číslo, you may just write down your date of birth in the format ddmmyyyy. (Those already registered in the past skip this step and proceed to the payment.)
2) Once registered, you can pay online to the bank account number 111220022/0800. As the payment’s identification symbol (variabilní symbol), use your birth identification number (issued by the Czech Immigration office as rodné číslo) or your date of birth (in the format ddmmyyyy). Or you can pay in cash on Šumavská 33, building A, 9th floor.
The waste collection fee is set to 670 CZK in 2018. If you arrive later in the year, you can deduct approximately 56 CZK for each month you hadn’t lived here. A reduced fee of 500 CZK per year is to be paid for children up to and including the age of 3 and people aged 70 or over.
When you finish your stay in Brno, remember to de-register. Fill in a notice of cancellation and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 days of your departure. For FAQ, you can download our infosheet on waste collection fee.
Do you like this article? Let your friends know about it.
Recent posts from this category:
- Municipal Elections: Orient Yourself
- The new parking system explained
- Municipal elections: a manual for expats
- When leaving Brno
- FRS now in Brno
- The waste collection fee is due in May
- DIY Workshops: Brno’s new obsession