Every spring, summer and autum the roads in Brno are cleaned by street sweeping vehicles. Car owners need to watch out – if they don’t repark their car it will get towed away. A warning sign, announcing the date of street cleaning, is placed in a street at least 7 days in advance.
A new app helps drivers keep track of street cleaning. For iOs and Android it is called Brněnské komunikace. The information is also available on the webiste cisteni.bkom.cz (in Czech only).
If your car gets towed away, you can pick it up at a municipal parking lot in Drážní 9 nonstop on work days. You will have to pay a fine of 1920 CZK. To localize your car call the police at 156.
Do you like this article? Let your friends know about it.
Recent posts from this category:
- On literature and book clubs in Brno
- Summer Cinema: The Big Lebowski
- Through Brno: The cute way to learn Czech
- Insights and adventures of expat bloggers
- Sweet from USA wins 6,000 CZK for his short story
- David Černý – a rebel with a cause
- Dealing with a Czech Post office