1. Swimming in Brno and nearby
A list of swimming pools, lidos and natural reservoirs so that you know where to take a dip when it’s hot again.
2. Through Brno: Thought-provoking public art
Brno has spent millions of crowns on public artwork in the past few years. For example, the statues in Moravské náměstí represent the Four Virtues of Plato.
3. Expats in CZE are safe, healthy & a bit lonely
The Czech Republic is the second best country in the world for expat families according to the Expat Insider 2016 index. But we might not be as friendly to them as we’d think.
4. No ticket? Be prepared to pay up to 1,500 CZK
Know your rights and obligations when it comes to public transport tickets and their inspection. Now with handy tips on how to apply for the 2017 reduced electronic tram pass!
5. Welcome guide makes new beginnings easier
The Welcome to Brno Guide for Expats sums up obligations and needs of newcomers. It also offers tips for trips, basic information about Brno and emergency phone numbers.
6. Lunch files: Vietnamese market
For those of you who haven’t heard of it, the Vietnamese market is an institution here in Brno.
7. Introducing the BEC partners: speaking with Kiwi.com
This fast-growing startup travel agency employed over 300 newbies in Brno last year.
8. Bistro Ocean 48: Ahoj captain!
Eating seafood in a landlocked country? Ocean 48 makes it possible.
9. Introducing a new infosheet: Volunteering in Brno
A list of volunteering opportunities for non-Czech speakers. Do you or your spouse have some time to spare and feel like getting involved in local community?
10. Finally! Vietnamese comes to town
Real Vietnamese cuisine set up more centrally. What are you waiting for? Gỗ!
Do you like this article? Let your friends know about it.
Recent posts from this category:
- Apps for Your Life in Brno
- The Tržnice – Getting warmed up
- Expats: By Definition ‘Out of the Box’
- Ten Years of Brnopolis
- Employee’s tax return for 2017
- Through Brno: Teaching as Stand-up Comedy
- Oscars 2018: What’s showing in Brno