Many of our expats came to Brno because of a job opportunity for themselves, their partners or their family. However, sometimes things do not turn out the way we expect them to and we need to start looking for new job. In such a situation it is important to know what rights and possibilities one has when it comes to registering with an employment office or applying for an unemployment benefit.
While assisting some of our expats we dealt with a number of various situations which taught us a lot about the conditions one has to meet and procedures that need to be followed in order to register with an employment office and become eligible for an unemployment benefit. Thanks to this first-hand experience as well as the great help from some of the officials we managed to create a brief overview guiding you through the registration, explaining your entitlements and listing the main criteria and necessary documents.
Do you like this article? Let your friends know about it.
Recent posts from this category:
- On literature and book clubs in Brno
- Summer Cinema: The Big Lebowski
- Through Brno: The cute way to learn Czech
- Insights and adventures of expat bloggers
- Sweet from USA wins 6,000 CZK for his short story
- David Černý – a rebel with a cause
- Dealing with a Czech Post office